What is 'Buyer Protection'
- The money is withheld until the product is delivered by the seller and buyer confirms receipt the order
- Applicable on selected products showing 'Buyer Protection' message
- Applicable only for online paid orders using Freecharge
Buyer Protection Period
- It is applicable for Shipping handling time committed by the seller + expected delivery time (~2 weeks) + 2 days
- Buyers need to confirm the product arrival by marking "I Got The Product" within Buyer Protection period or raise the dispute about undelivered product over email at email@example.com. Please note Buyer Protection period cannot exceed 30 working days from order placement date
- We will notify you once product is delivered according to the courier company. In case the product is not delivered to you, please raise the dispute in 2 days from receiving our notification.
What is not covered?
- Product delivered but not happy with quality/product
- Product not delivered because of buyer fault (delivery refused by buyer, buyer address wrong, buyer not present in the address etc.)
- Cancellation request after product shipped
- Product without the 'Buyer protection' seal
Do’s and Don’ts For Sellers
- Seller should set a realistic shipping time. Not shipping within the mentioned time makes the seller liable for a dispute. Violating the shipping window by more than 2 working days will lead to order cancellation and refund
- Seller should confirm the order within 2 working days. Violating the confirmation by more than 1 day will lead to order cancellation
- Any extension in the shipping window post arrangement with buyer should be informed over email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Seller should get confirmation from buyer over chat.
- Seller should keep all communication on Shopo chat before/after purchase. Moving conversation to any other medium makes the seller liable in case of dispute
- How can I raise the dispute?
- Buyers can mail Shopo support at email@example.com and raise the dispute about non-receipt of order
- How will Shopo resolve the dispute?
- Shopo will coordinate with seller and give 3 days to seller to either accept or reject the claim.
- If seller accepts the claim, payment to be released to the customer with no questions asked
- If seller rejects the claim, seller needs to submit valid proofs
- Shopo will then verify the proofs submitted by seller and accordingly take action within 5 working days of dispute raised date.
Please note, if seller fails to revert within 3 working days of dispute raised date, Shopo will cancel the order and refund the buyer
What are the proof documents to be submitted by seller?
- Seller need to submit valid shipping proof (delivery receipt and tracking number)
- Photo of the parcel including the information of delivery company, seller’s and buyer’s name, tracking id, contact number and shipping address